About the Author

My photo
Plainville, CT, United States
Having achieved my goal of becoming a published author, I contribute it to the fact that I have been writing since the age of 9. My boys were the inspiration for my children's stories and my life is the inspiration for my autobiography. I have a tendency to write about whatever I feel, relevant, interesting or not. I welcome any comments you may have, positive or constructive. Thank you so much for visiting and following my blog, My life.

Monday, January 23, 2012

My SENSA Journey

I have been struggling with my weight for a couple years now.  After my surgeries, i found that i had gained a good 30-35 pounds due to the restrictions on my physical activity.  I tried Atkins, Weight Watchers, slim fast, etc.  I would lose 7 pounds and plateau, permanently.
Now i cannot exercise for fitness - i have a collapsed disc in my lower back that restricts the extent of my exercising ability, and a left leg that does not have 100% strength in it, due to a crushed sciatic nerve (caused by a ruptured disc).  Sensa seemed like my only alternative at this point. the only thing that was keeping me from it was the price.  I decided to take the plunge......I knew that it was going to be a little bit hard to manage financially, but i am determined to find a way to get the pounds off.

Prior to my hysterectomy in August of 2008, and my brain surgery in January of 2009, I weighed 150 pounds, and was a size 10 pants, and medium shirt.  Today, three years after my last surgery, i am 192 pounds, size 14 pants and XL shirt..... Following will be my Sensa Journey......



January 12, 2012 - I received my shipment of Sensa today.  I was so excited!  I had it delivered to me at work because i wasn't sure if i had to sign for it, and it came just in time for lunch!  I had brought leftover spaghetti to work with me (and it wasn't a little!), and after reading the directions, i sprinkled Sensa on my spaghetti.
Now keep in mind that Sensa works with your hypothalmus - sending a "false full" signal to your brain.  The key to Sensa is learning how to "listen" to that.... Now back to the spaghetti.
I ate almost the whole dish of spaghetti that i had brought, knowing full well that Sensa isn't going to work on the first day....or is it?  Later that afternoon, i realized that i hadn't snacked on anything.  Normally?  I have a handful of M&M's, a few slices of my cheddar cheese, some peanut butter on crackers, etc.  Hmmmmm.  Ok I called it coincidence.
that evening, i did my usual routine of picking up my grandson at daycare and then going home to make dinner. I can't really remember what i was making, but what i DO know is that while i am making dinner i am usually snacking on something.  Tonight.....i did not!
Sitting down to dinner with my grandson, i diligently sprinkled my meal - ah yes, now i remember.....i made a skillet meatloaf......And i didn't finish that either. Was it just my imagination or was Sensa actually working that quickly?  Too soon to tell.
Seeing as how January 11th was a wednesday - i was going to wait until Monday to weigh myself.  Give me a little time to get acclamated to the system........

January 16th - Weigh Day.  Almost through week 1.OK. we know that my starting weight is 192 so i was weighing myself after 5 days of using sensa just to confirm and record.....BUT I HAD LOST 2 POUNDS!  I didn't think that Sensa would work that fast......maybe it was just me..... but if not,  2 down, 40 to go!

January 23 - Weigh in - finish of week 2.......didn't lose anything.  Bummer.  I can't let myself get frustrated.  I can do this!  I have been sprinkling very diligently, even carrying my shaker around with  me if i go out on the weekends.  I have a tendency to get very frustrated very easy but i can't let that happen this time........I CAN do this.

January 30 - Weigh Day Week 3.................Down 5 pounds for a total of 7.   This is where it is suspensful.  I am notorious for only losing 7 pounds no matter what weight loss system i am using.  Yes, I am nervous but we'll have to see what next week brings.

February 6 - Weigh Day - Week 4........Nothing.  Here we go.  Frustrated, disappointed, you name it.  History repeating itself again.  I'll just have to hope that switching to the month two formula will trigger some more weight loss.......

February 13 - Weigh Day - Week 5...........Still didn't lose anything.  I have been very careful, watching what i am eating, being sure to sprinkle.  I post on the Sensa FB Page, and have been told to start taking my measurements, as i may be losing inches in stead of pounds.  I haven't tried that, so maybe that is whats happening.  I know that my pants fit looser, so there is a bit of "hope" in the inches department.  We'll see what happens over the course of the next week.

February 20 - Weigh Day Week 6...............Well, We are on vacation so i am using a different scale.  :)  Not that it will help any.  Weigh in produced the same results as the past two weeks - Loss = 0.  Still stuck at the 7 pound mark.  I am really trying to watch what i eat.  I don't drink soda, stay away from the sweets whenever possible, i have started eating multi grain cereals and breads, i drink carbonated fruit water (0 calories, 0 fat, 0 everything - regular water has too many chemicals in it).  This is quite frustrating.

February 27 - Weigh Day Week 7..............Almost two months using Sensa and i havent lost anything in the past 3 weeks.  This is extremely frustration.  I know it would help if i was able to exercise more but with my back and leg, i am really limited.  I started walking up and down the stairs as a "change up" to my routine, but not sure if it is going to help.  I guess the next weigh day will tell!

March 5 -  Weigh Day, Week 8.................Unless i am not reading things correctly - it appears that i have finally lost another 2 or 3 pounds (hard to see the small numbers - may need scale with bigger ones lol)!  WOOT! I made it to the 10 pound mark!

March 12 - Weigh Day, Week 9 - Start of month Three.......no weight loss this week, but content that i did not gain either.  I'm fearful that this will be another hump that will take me forever to climb up and over, but hopefully i will continue to maintain the will power, strength and determination to continue on my weight loss journey!

March 19 - Weigh Day, Week 10. Gained back the three pounds i lost two weeks ago.....now i am at the 7 pound mark.  I haven't changed what i am doing, maybe thats the issue.  I am having a terrible time, yet in the Sensa forums there are so many other people doing what i am doing and losing like crazy.  Not sure what is going on.  I don't want to be a twig, but i'm not pleased with the jelly rolls i have developed......Need to get back into my pre-surgery clothing......

March 25 - Weigh Day, Week 11.  WOOT!  Been under a lot of stress this past week.  Stress has turned out to work in my favor - i lost 4 pounds bringing my total weight loss to 11 pounds!  Lets just hope that when the stress passes, i don't gain it back again......

April 4 - Weigh Day Week 12.  Up three pounds.  not happy, not going to say any more.

April 11 - Weigh Day Week 13 - No loss, no gain.

April 18 - Weigh Day Week 14 - I think I am going to give up now.

April 25 - Weigh Day Week 15 - This is not good, and i'm not happy.

April 30 - Weigh Day Week 16 - I'm cancelling my subscription to Sensa.  4 months, lost 10 pounds and and haven't lost a single ounce in over a month.  I give up.  I'm destined to be fat.



1 comment: